Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Fun!

This past weekend went by so fast, but it was great. On Friday, Kevin bought his new computer, which he'd been saving and waiting for since before the wedding. All of the problems with our old, slow laptops were driving him crazy. We also finally picked up his diploma frame and hung it above his desk in the office.
Saturday, we took my sister on a tour of UNC-CH and ate lunch at Top of the Hill. They have really good sandwiches and burgers at lunch time. Then, we went to NCSU's bookstore to pick up my diploma frame, but they were closed... So, we visited the State Club to see my brick which had been recently installed. Darcy and I even took a second to pose with the wolf statues. After that, we wen't to my parents' house for a relaxing evening.
On Sunday, I spent the afternoon at the pool. It was really nice to relax and get some sun. Then, I went to Lowes and found some casual outdoor furniture to put on our back porch. I got a little metal cafe table and two chairs, perfect for what we need. Plus, Kevin said it reminded him of the table and chairs at our honeymoon apartment in Paris.

For dinner, we made grilled chicken sandwiches on the grill. I had Muenster cheese on mine, and Kevin had Peper Jack cheese on his. We ate broccoli salad with the sandwiches. I had been waiting to try a broccoli salad recipe that I'd seen on TV a few days ago. It was really good. Click Here for the recipe. The recipe calls for sunflower seeds, bacon, onion and raisins to be mixed in with the broccoli. But, I chose to omit the raisins, just because Kevin and I aren't crazy about them in the salad. Instead of cooking bacon, I went the easy route and used bacon crumbles from a bag, and it turned out pretty good. It was a nice cool compliment to the sandwiches.

1 comment:

  1. شركة الطيار تعتبر افضل شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام نقوم بتنظيف الشقق و الفلل بمدينة الدمام بافضل المكينات و الطرق الحديثة حيث اننا كما اننا نعتبر افضل شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
    نقوم بتنظيف الشقق من الداخل جزء جزء علكم ان تتصلو علي شركة الطيار باسرع وقت ممكن لاننا افضل شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام يمكنك معرفة المزيد حول الخدمة شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips