Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Wine Tasting Party


A couple weeks ago, a friend and I hosted a wine tasting party with some of our friends from work. To make the event more fun and add a little competition, we made the tasting blind! Each guest or couple brought a bottle of wine, that I covered up with wine labels that I made for the party.  We played a couple of games to see who could best identify the varietals of wine and voted on which was the favorite wine of the night.  

Of course, with wine you need cheese and chocolate! So, we had plenty of both and lots of other hors d'oeuvres for people to snack on throughout the night.
Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with Balsamic Drizzle- recipe to come!
I set the wine tasting station up in our dining room. I set out plenty of wine glasses, make sure you have at least 1 per person! We encouraged people to write their name on a tag and keep track of their glass ;)

I designed labels for the wine bottles that I printed at home and cut out of paper.  You can get two labels per sheet.
Wine bottle labels for blind tasting

To keep track of all of the different varietals that people brought and to act as a 'key' I wrote down the varietals on the chalkboard in our kitchen. This was helpful so people knew what types of wine were present. 

I also made a sheet that you can print at home and use to take notes and play the 'Guess the varietal' game that we played. 
"Rate that Wine" tasting notes


The party was a ton of fun, here are some more pictures!

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to hold a wine tasting party. I always get stuck when I think about the hors d'oeuvres I want to pair with the wine, though. I never thought of using cheese and chocolate together. That's a fantastic idea. It is perfect for people who prefer things savory, and for people who prefer things sweet. http://www.wildtreebayarea.com/#!tasting/c18ah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. Pinch Pleat Drapes 

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips